Now that I’ve seen this trailer, I’m pretty sure I’m not going to like this movie (much in the same way I didn’t like Man of Steel). But while there’s some hope (because I haven’t actually seen the movie yet), here’s some thoughts on this trailer:
- There’s absolutely no mystery now. The cat is out of the bag. And I hate trailers like this.
- So for the plot: the bat wants revenge from all of the destruction brought by the man of steel (and also he’s probably just jealous of his god-like powers) and the superdude doesn’t like gotham’s vigilante’s way of doing justice. They fight up to the point where they both have to bury the hatchet and then turn to a common enemy, which is now revealed to be (probably) Doomsday.
- The fight between the superdude and the bat looks more like a bar fight between a very drunk batman (that thinks that he can take down the man of steel) and a very condescending son of krypton (“Stay down! If I wanted it, you’d be dead already”). I preferred the way things were before when we thought there was still a chance that Batman could take down the Man of Steel (remember the “Do you bleed? You will!” part?).
- The Doomsday thing hints to this, which probably means that the bat and the amazon princess will save the day (probably with some help from the man that speaks with the fishes)
- This pisses me off: why does Doomsday look like a troll from out of a Harry Potter story? Seriously, what the hell is that?
- Wonder Woman looks hot! It appears that she was a very nice casting choice (so far – perhaps we should wait until she actually speaks).
- A mystery yet to be solved: why does this Lex Luthor look like a transgender version of Lex Luthor? They’ll probably make him bald throughout the movie (probably from messing around with the stuff that will allow him to “build” Doomsday – kryptonite?) but, seriously, what’s up with that hair?
- And finally, what’s with Batman and the machine gun? Seriously, he’s seen that troll monster destroy a few city blocks with laser rays from his eyes and he stands up to him with a machine gun? WTF?
I sure hope I get to swallow all of this when I admit the movie is really good… but it sure looks like I won’t. Let’s wait for 2016.